1:44:00 PM

East Coast Meteor Bolide Eyewitness Reports DEC28, 2010

The following are witness accounts from readers of ELPALLSKY, For more reports click on "comments" below... Note: Report Times/Dates Are UTC

Dec 29 2010, 12:33 PM
Guest490 (guest): I was shoveling snow when I saw the meteor come down in my back yard in Greenwood lake NY. the time was around 6:30pm give or take
Dec 29 2010, 2:22 PM
Guest261 (guest): I live in centereach,long island,ny. I was coming out of my house at about 6:40pm when I saw a giant fireball going across the sky. It was the most amazing thing I ever saw
Dec 29 2010, 2:49 PM
Guest55 (guest): I reside in Edison NJ and witnessed this spectacular event as I was returning from errands. As I backed my truck in my driveway I witnessed a large blue long triangular streak that lasted 1-2 seconds. This was seen thru cloud cover and was ultra bright like a flash of electricity. I immediately knew it was a meteor

Dec 29 2010, 2:59 PM
Guest427 (guest): I was headed driving in Falmouth, Massachusetts. It was a few minutes before 7pm. It was bright, looked liek a tadpole, really big and an amazing Lime green color. It just seemed to come down from the sky.

Dec 29 2010, 2:52 PM
Guest166 (guest): I was at a gas station in Norwalk. Ct T bout 6:50pm looking east when I saw what looked like a comet streak across the sky from the north. I thought it might be a spent satellite. It had a bright tail and sparks and looked like it was over Long Island Sound. It looked like something burning on reentry. Bigger than fireworks, no sound , fantastic image. Now I walk around with a helmet! Ted
Dec 29 2010, 3:21 PM
Guest634 (guest): Standing outside smoking a ciggy, I thought a warhead was coming at me! BRIGHT white ball popped out of nowhere then moved slowly across the sky leaving a trail of sparks. It was AMAZING!

Dec 29 2010, 4:36 PM
Guest957 (guest): Traveling SW on Rhode Island 95, saw falling star,about 6:48 p.m. stopped wishing when it turned huge, green and surrounded by copper w/ little copper tail. Traveled South to North, I think
Dec 29 2010, 4:54 PM
Guest616 (guest): I was driving on Montauk Highway in Hampton Bays New York last night at 6:45 p.m. when I saw this meteor, green in color with several smaller lights trainling behind. I saw it over the southern shore of Long Island's East End.
Dec 29 2010, 7:38 PM
Guest590 (guest): I was driving West on Rte. 9 in Hadley, MA approximately 6:50 P.M. last night (Dec. 28, 2010) when a bright white meteor with a long tail appeared in the sky. It looked big and was traveling fast from left to right, but always on my left-hand side, headed maybe more West and North. It was midway to low in the sky and seemed like it would land not too far away. I only saw it for a few seconds but WOW. My immediate thoughts were: Oh, I’ve just seen a shooting star (but really close)! Maybe a meteor!
Dec 29 2010, 7:54 PM
Guest81 (guest): Last night while I was waiting for my daughter outside at around 7pm I saw a fireball come down from the sky. It was the most amizing thing I've ever seen. North Arlington, NJ
Dec 29 2010, 8:32 PM
Guest704 (guest): I was driving east on Rt. 50 in MD going over the Severn River Bridge. I saw a white light appear high in the sky and got very bright, then it went counterclockwise across the sky and went about 10 degrees with a sparking tail. It was really amazing!

Dec 29 2010, 5:19 PM
Guest135 (guest): Guest 135: My wife and I were traveling westerly on Sound Ave in Wading River,NY, at 6:50 we saw a rather large green glow streak down from the evening sky last night, 12.28.10 directly front view. A white center covered in green. It moved like a shooting star, the closest falling sky object(?) we'd ever seen. Stunning color.


G. Lauren Reports:
I saw this in New York. Travelling up the Hudson River on a Metro North Train at or around 6:46pm. It came out of the sky with a very large blue streak. The blue was like an LED color, more like LCD or plasma! It was over the Hudson River and then it just ~poofed" disappated and disappaered. Ive never seen anything like it! Sorry for the spelling im just incredibly excited that a lot of people saw this. I posted something to a UFO site like 15 minutes after I saw it because I had no idea what it was.

Frederick man claims to find meteor fragments
Frederick News Post (subscription)
By Meg Tully A man who witnessed a falling meteor last week says he has
found parts of it. Al LaBrush was walking out of Danielle's restaurant in
Frederick ...
<http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/news/displayUpdate.htm?StoryID=114628

My thanks to all who are contributing here. We are still in need of video/pics. If you have such, please e-mail me at wxtx01@gmail.com. Thanks all!!! ELPALLSKY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment