3:10:00 PM

Meteor News...Iowa Meteor Fireball Observed DEC30,2010...

The Northeast and Midwest US continue to experience elevated fireball activity. Here is the latest fireball report from a reader of ELPALLSKY... this time from Iowa:

Posted Dec 31 2010, 2:32 PM
Guest566 (guest): I live in Des Moines, IA. and around 6:30 p.m. on Dec. 30 I happened to be looking out the window of our house and saw a huge fireball going across the sky from east to west. It had a firey tail and I could watch it for several seconds before it went below the tree line. I have been trying to find out if anyone else saw it and what it was.

Email From Anonymous:
I saw the Fireball out my window about 6:30 pm dec 30th, I live in Marshalltown Iowa 


Jan 3 2011, 12:23 PM Guest659 (guest): 
I live in Des Moines Ia and on 01/01/11 at about 7:30pm CST, I saw a meteor going from South to North, it was amazing!! I so wished I could have recorded it. It looked so close and seemed to last a good 7-10 seconds. I have been looking to see if anyone else in Des Moines saw it also. It was a bright orange color and then went white. I thought for sure I heard it hit the ground with a loud thud.

Anonymous Email's...
live in Omaha Nebraska, was traveling eastbound on I-80 just on the western edge of DesMoines about 6:30 pm on Dec. 30, 2011, and saw the same fireball, traveling aprox SW to NE very bright and very distinct fiery tail, it almost brought traffic on the interstate to a stop. Never seen anything like it but i did see 2 other falling stars within 10 minutes of seeing this one.

If you saw this meteor fireball, please post in the chat window or in "comments" below. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment