12:19:00 AM

Meteor Fireball Colorado 22APR2011...

Comment From Anonymous...I was fishing at the Boulder Reservoir at around midnight I saw a large fireball approximately on the north shore of the reservoir. What is the meteorological term for what I saw? A meteor burning out in the atmosphere?   yes. If it was brighter than Venus it's called a fireball. If it appeared to fragment, a bolide. Thanks for reporting!


E-mail From Kirstie M.... Hi, I was driving home from the airport last night when I witnessed a huge fireball (white, yellow and blue) plummeting rapidly to the earth just W of I-25 and N of Highway 7. Pretty amazing, I've been trying to find information on it and my friend just sent this link. Obviously others saw it because there was plenty of light traffic on I-25. Please let me know if you can find out anything else. Thanks,   thank you Kirstie! Likely a bright Lyrid Meteor (annual Lyrid meteor shower currently underway)


E-mail From Tim H...Tonight at 11:45  driving north on I 25 near Ft. collins, CO I saw a meteor streak down from south to north extremely fast and brilliant green.


Leonard D. Writes...I saw an extremely bright/white fireball at 11:39 p.m. on April 22, traveling in north direction from up here at 9,000 feet in the Wondervu/Coal Creek area.

Apr 23 2011, 2:50 PM
Guest493 (guest): Last night we were driving north on I-25 near Longmont, CO and saw a huge fireball fall around 11:40pm. It was white and flashed bright green.

***We are looking for more reports on this event. Please email wxtx01@gmail.com with your sighting. Thank you.***

No comments:

Post a Comment