11:18:00 PM

BREAKING METEOR NEWS...Green Meteor Fireball Southern California 05APR2011...Indicated By Inquiry

PHOTOS-VIDEOS? Please share your pics or vids at wxtx01@gmail.com Thank You!

Jean In Pasadena Writes...I was coming out of Home Depot tonight and saw a falling bright green object. Very firework or flare-like. Quite bright, but quite green also; more than just a green flow. The object was falling close to a perfect 45 degrees to the right from where I was looking. It was pretty much a clean straight line. It was falling reasonably fast, but not as fast as most shooting stars I've seen in my life so there was a good amount of time to observe (probably 1 second or a tad longer). I think someone seeing that would have thought it was part of a flare or firework or something, but having seen others in the past month or two, I figured it was a meteor. It diseappered approx 30 degrees or less above the horizon, before I would lose sight because of warehouses (it's kind of an industrial area, so not much high stuff around there.) That's all I can think about. If you have questions, pls let me know.
I created a map to show my position and the direction I was looking: (see below-click to enlarge)


Thank You Jean !!


BREAKING METEOR NEWS...Huntington Beach, California arrived from google.com on "elp allsky" by searching for did anybody see a shooting star tonight about 8:00 orange co april 5th 2011..

Van Nuys, California arrived from google.com on "elp allsky:" by searching for meteor news southern california.  22:22:21 -- 56 minutes ago

Long Beach, California arrived from google.com on "elp allsky:" by searching for green lights in the sky 2011 huntington beach.
21:46:43 -- 1 hour 33 mins ago

Beverly Hills, California arrived from google.com on "elp allsky: Meteor Fireball N TX Early A.M. 05apr2011...Indicated By Inquiry" by searching for meteor april 5, 2011.
23:34:47 -- 1 minute ago

Lake Elsinore, California arrived from google.com on "elp allsky: Southern California Green Meteor Fireball 05APR2011...Indicated By Inquiry" by searching for fireball in southern california april 5 2011.-- 23:31:31 -- 26 seconds ago

San Diego, California arrived from google.com on "elp allsky: Southern California Green Meteor Fireball 05APR2011...Indicated By Inquiry" by searching for Southern California meteor April 5, 2011.
23:37:25 -- 17 minutes ago

Pasadena, California arrived from google.com on "elp allsky: Breaking News...Large Green Meteor Fireball TX OK KS 23Mar2011" by searching for green meteor march 2011.
23:52:47 -- 2 minutes ago

Debbie T. In Alta Loma CA...I saw a fireball in the southern California sky around 8 pm.  It went from a fireball to a greenish color before disappearing.   It was travelling from the East to the West.  It was the brightest and longest (duration) meteorite that I have ever seen!  thank you Debbie!

Gordon Near Mojave, CA Writes...I was on the 14 freeway headed West, about 15 miles before Mojave. The object first appeared approx 40 degrees above the horizon, trveling left to right (South to North). It at first appeared as a stationary light, the began traversing the sky and growing in brightness. Finally (after a good second or so) flared and disappeared. My buddy that was with me saw it too, his first fireball! Gordon    thanks Gordon!



***If you saw this event, please email wxtx01@gmail.com with your observation including time, date, direction you were facing, direction object was moving (right to left etc. is ok) and a brief description of what you saw. Thank you!***

2 comments:

JBettar said...

I saw a meteor the other day at 7 pm in Alta Loma at the top of Carnelian St. I was looking NE about to take the dog for a walk when I saw a bright white streak less than a mile away that burned up about 200-300 ft above the ground. It was the coolest thing I had ever seen. I went to go look for it but haven't found it. I don't know if anyone else had seen it.

Anonymous said...

I seen a meteorite frm the 15fwy just passing Corona Lake.It looked like a shooting star, but lasted way too long. It also had a green glow and then it dissapeard.This happend all around 7:42 p.m. tonight 9/14/11

Post a Comment