2:47:00 PM

Early Morning L.A. Area Meteor Fireball 03JUN2011...

E-Mail From:

Charla P.-Burbank, CA:
Hi! I'm in Burbank, California and it passed right between (I think it was) Jupiter and Venus, about the size of Jupiter (maybe a bit bigger because it was aglow), with a tail about 3 to 4 times the size of the ball, and it lasted (I'm guessing here because it disappeared behind the rooftops) about 3 seconds. 5:10 or 5:15AM, Friday, June 3. I got more than I bargained for when I set the alarm to get up to see the aligned planets. Very cool.
Best,
Charla     thanks for the heads up Charla!

***If you saw this fireball event, please e-mail wxtx01@gmail.com with a description including time, date, location, which way you were facing, direction object traveled (right to left etc. is OK), color, any fragmentation or extremely bright flashes, and any sounds heard i.e. booms, hisses etc. Thank you for your report***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just saw it on long island new york around 10:15pm facing north. amazing!

Post a Comment