4:25:00 PM

Massachussetts Meteor Fireball Witnessed On 29JUL2011

Email From:
Dan M.-Worcester, MA:
Hi, Friday evening, 7/29/11, at 8:07 PM EDT, I was standing in my driveway looking up at some birds, when I saw a fireball pass overhead going extremely slowly (much slower than meteors I have seen in the past).  It was a mix of orange and yellow, one piece, did not appear to be breaking up although it was a bit jagged at the trailing edge, and was silent.  It took about 4 seconds to traverse my line of site from directly overhead until it disappeared over the horizon.  I live about 10 miles SSE of Worcester, MA., and it went over me heading almost due NNW.
Has anyone reported seeing anything like this, (or should I be seeing a doctor!)?
Dan     thank you Dan! No Psych needed :-) OTHER WITNESSES? Post reports here

***If you are searching for information about this fireball and witnessed it, please leave a report of what you saw at wxtx01@gmail.com Please include the date and time, the direction you were facing/driving, the direction in which the object moved (upper left to lower right etc.) approximate size and brightness compared to a full moon, color, any flashes, streaks, fragmentation and any sounds or delayed sounds such as sonic booms, hisses, sizzles etc. Thank you! Your information is vital to research/recovery efforts so please take time to report.*** 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you need a doctor than so do I! We Saw It TOO! I live in Plainfield Illinois. And honestly, I am unsure the exact time, 10:30-11:00 my boyfriend and two others, which have military training and are also work for the government were visiting us from out of town. We were sitting on our back porch, when a bright orange fireball appeared moving with absolute no sound, extremely high up and upward! none of us could explain!

Post a Comment