4:00:00 AM

Northwest Arkansas Green/White Fragmenting Meteor Fireball 29AUG2011

Email From:
Tim C.-Clarksville, AR:
I saw a greenish to white fireball breaking up with a trail in the southern sky, very low on the horizon- just above the tree line, maybe 20-25 degrees- from my position just northwest of Clarksville Arkansas. Time: between 11:50pm 8/29/2011 12:10am 8/30/2011 (sorry not specific, but it took me a while to settle down).

Daphne R.-Northeast TX:
I saw this, too, southern sky, low above the tree tops, very bright and large, in NE TX. It was the most curious meteor and one of the brightest I've ever seen. I was surprised I didn't see something about it on the news today. That is why i Googled it.

3 comments:

Chad said...

I think I saw the same thing. It was greenish maybe blueish or white with it. It was pretty big I think, what ever it was it broke up overhead. It was moving west to east. It seemed to have broke up in several pieces as it moved across the sky. I thought it strange that a meteor would move directly over head in an easterly movement. I waited several minuets to listen, and sure enough there was a sonic boom. I only thought that this was strange since the space shuttle also broke up over our house in east Texas a few years ago. I saw the sighting around 12 am central time.

Anonymous said...

My wife and I saw a large, greenish-white object flying roughly SE direction last night around 10pm near Rochester NY. Made no sound, and was giving off a constant, bright glow. It was traveling about the speed of a low-flying plane, but then disappeared overhead.

Daphne Roehr Hatcher said...

I saw this, too, southern sky, low above the tree tops, very bright and large, in NE TX. It was the most curious meteor and one of the brightest I've ever seen. I was surprised I didn't see something about it on the news today. That is why i Googled it.

Post a Comment